PLINQO - CodeSmith LINQ to SQL TemplatesAugust 10, 2007
PLINQO, which stands for Professional LINQ to Objects, is a collection of CodeSmith templates that are meant to replace and extend the LINQ to SQL designers that are included with Visual Studio 2008.
- Generate or update a LINQ to SQL dbml file from a database schema.
- Includes all tables, stored procedures, functions, and views with the ability to exclude objects based on regex patterns.
- Ability to automatically remove object prefix and suffixes (ie. tbl_ and usp_).
- Dbml file can still be customized with the normal Visual Studio 2008 designer.
- Dbml file can be refreshed based on the current database schema without losing customizations. (See Safe Attributes)
- Generation of the LINQ to SQL DataContext class.
- Generation of the LINQ to SQL entity classes.
- Generates one file per entity instead of one massive file.
- Generates partial classes where custom code can be written and won’t be overwritten.
- Generated entity files are added to the project as code behind files to their corresponding custom entity files.
- Generation of entity manager classes.
- Adds customizable business rules engine to enforce entity validation, business and security rules.
- Provides access to common queries based on primary keys, foreign keys, and indexes.
- Common queries are exposed as IQueryable so they can be extended.
- All templates can be customized to meet your needs.